Welcome to Scream ParanormalTM LLC. All things paranormal, horror, science fiction and more!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

8 Questions with Sean Whalen


There are certain actors in the movie business that may not be recognized by name right away. Their name sounds familiar, but you can't quite put a finger on who he/she is immediately after hearing it. They are more often recognized by their face. Sean Whalen is currently one of those actors.

According to IMDb, Sean has over 86 titles to his credit and has been in noted movies/TV shows such as the Ferris Bueller, LOST, Halloween II(2009), Twister, The Cable Guy, The People Under the Stairs, various Disney TV shows, and host of others you most likely have seen. Amongst those credits, Sean is also an established writer and director as well.

I was lucky enough to get the chance to ask Sean a bunch of questions in which he was humbly abiding.

Have at them:

Do you believe in ghosts?

Yes. We were haunted when we lived in Argentina when I was three years old. We moved into a big house where the deceased owner breathed by my mom's head, walking in the halls, etc. One night there was a huge crash downstairs and the owners portrait was face down several feet in front of the fireplace. No way it could have fell that way. My mom gently put it back, with an heir of respect. Cracked and all. After that it stopped.

Have you ever seen a ghost?

Me... no. Just myself in the winter with no sun. Close enough.

What is your favorite movie that you worked on?

Sorry, not a horror. Probably NEVER BEEN KISSED with Drew Barrymore. It was a one line part that grew and grew because Drew (who produced) let me do whatever I wanted.

What "creeps" you out?

Things I can't control that are not "of this world"... possession (Exorcist scared the crap out of me) and poltergeists, demons (the Paranormal Acitivity movies got to me as well). I can shoot a maniac. There's no controlling that stuff.

What projects are you currently working on at the moment?

I am working on building the DOROTHY 50 YEARS LATER comedy video into something bigger (feature or TV show). It has a lot of potential.

If a UFO came down and landed on your front lawn, what would you do?

Grab my kids and haul ass out the back door. When I knew they were safe and there were no explosions or killings i know my curiosity would get the best of me and I'd sneak back to see what's happening. If the aliens didn't kill me, my wife would for leaving them.

Have you ever been on a paranormal investigation(ghost hunt)?

Never. And I don't think I want to either(see above). Can't afford to piss them off and follow me to my house.

If you had to choose to be a piece of Halloween candy, which one would you be and why?

Depends. If being a candy meant you longed to be eaten then I would be a big ass SNICKER or HERSHEY bar. If being a candy meant that you didn't want to be eaten and you wanted to live as long as you could in the kid's bag then I would be a roll of SWEETARTS or a basic lollipop. That crap stayed in my Halloween bag all year and then I'd dump it out before trick or treating the following year because I'd be hoping for a big ass Snickers.

Sean is currently at work on DOROTHY 50 YEARS LATER. Extremely funny stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment