Welcome to Scream ParanormalTM LLC. All things paranormal, horror, science fiction and more!

Bookmark and Share

Friday, June 14, 2013

Tools of the Trade


It's been a while since I tackled this idea on the use of equipment during an investigation. Along the way I picked up some cool new gadgets that I wanted to share with you.

First off, let me start by saying that if you think in the lines of home security, you are not too far off base for finding great new ideas to use in the field of paranormal investigating.




What do I mean? Well, if you have an ADT or home alarm, this most likely uses infrared to see objects moving throughout your home. I have 2 motion sensors that light up if motion is picked up by the IR sensor. It's the basically same principal. Smart lighting works in the same fashion. There are even motion sensors out there that are audible as well. I have had mixed results with these sensors... sometimes pretty crazy stuff.



Another cool thing I noticed on a case recently was that a client claimed the door to the location was opening and closing by itself. In certain situations, a door alarm from Home Depot would be useful. You can set it for Alarm or Chime mode. It is about 9.5 db's, so it's pretty loud. In a secured location, this would be an extremely valuable tool to have in your equipment case.



Most people I know have animals. Dogs and cats are extremely sensitive to the intruders AND the paranormal. Pay attention to your furry friends, they may be letting on to things they sense than you may not be aware of.



One more item I wanted to discuss is the idea of using an outdoor IR motion activated camera inside a location. It's a pretty simple concept that I think a lot of investigators seem to pass by. All you need to do is set it up on a wall in a location with one of those 3M Command adhesive strips and you should be good to go for the night.


Sure. You could go for a DVR system with IR cameras wired(or wireless) throughout the location. This idea is a staple of most investigative teams in the field. But sometimes power is not an option. You could run a power generator, but that will be pretty noisy as well.

These battery powered options I listed may be a nice alternative that you could use with little to no hassle. Whatever methods you choose, just mindful and courteous to your spirit friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment