Welcome to Scream ParanormalTM LLC. All things paranormal, horror, science fiction and more!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Toy Box

People have a tendency to ask me varied questions about paranormal investigations quite a bit now. One of the questions I get asked most often is, "What is the best equipment for the job?" or "What equipment do you suggest for someone new to the field?".

It varies from investigation to investigation. There are a few mandatory pieces I use at every investigation. Digital camera, audio recorder and a flashlight are essential. Other pieces like an EMF detector and video camera are pluses. The main thing to always keep in mind is to learn how to use your equipment effectively.

What do I use? Take a look:


From left to right/top to bottom:

Light Bracket
Phantom Lite IR
Creepy Hollow Flood IR
First Aid kit
Sony HDR-SR11 Video Cam
Creepy Hollow Spot IR ver. 1
IR Temp Gauge
IR LED Motion Sensors (x 2)
12 Hour Battery(video)
2 Hour Battery(video)
ZOOM H2 Digital Audio Recorder
LED Flashlight
K-II Meter
MEL Meter Pro

I have many other toys as well. They are mainly in my carry bag(glow sticks, Sony Cybershot digital camera, tons of batteries, etc.) Sometimes I bring along a tripod and record video on a static video cam.

To boost my EVP'S that I collect, I use Sony Soundforge on my PC laptop. This allows me to take the 'hiss' out and boost(Normalize) the EVP so it can be heard, loud and clear.

Keep in mind, being a paranormal investigator is an expensive hobby. I first started investigating with only a tape recorder and a flashlight. I built up my equipment over the years and continue to do so. I have a huge list of equipment that I want to get on a constant basis. Now, if I can just win the lottery to pay for them... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment