Welcome to Scream ParanormalTM LLC. All things paranormal, horror, science fiction and more!

Bookmark and Share

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nikon D3100 Review


I haven't written a review on new equipment in quite a while. Mainly due to the fact that I have not picked up a new piece of equipment worth writing about till now.

The Nikon D3100 is an amazing DSLR camera for the money. It has automatic features as well as manual control. I guess I should say that I have some experience with using a 35mm in the past. It's has been a while, but it's sort of like riding a bike. Once you know about f-stops and lens, you never completely forget it.

This camera is also new user friendly. It has a user guide mode built right into the camera. So is you need quick information on taking great shots, it is easily accessible.

The D3100 has a 14.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor that produces amazing shots. Crystal clear and deep in color. Even if the photos produce color that is not exactly what you wanted, a little post editing can turn a so-so photo into a masterpiece.

I opted for this camera for 2 reasons: 1) the 14.2 megapixel. 2) the HD video recorder. This Nikon has a
1080p HD video with full-time autofocus and sound. The automatic focus can be a bit noisy when doing video, but the video quality is great. It falls short on the ability to use an external mic. Why they did not include an external mic input feature is beyond me.

I bought the camera body with the
3x 18-55mm zoom-NIKKOR VR image stabilization lens. This is a great starter lens that does not disappoint. I also opted to buy a wide angle lens adapter with macro ability.

Here are some of the photos I have taken recently using the D3100:


Keep in mind though, this camera does not come with IR capabilities built in. However, you can get it modified to support IR, UV or both. Check out http://www.maxmax.com/nikon_d3100.htm for more info.

Overall I can say that this DSLR is awesome. I immediately started using the manual settings and most of the photos I have taken so far have been amazing. I picked up the factory refurb model for $519 from Cameta Photo. It even has a 1 year full manufacturer warranty.

1 comment:

  1. "Nikon D3100 Camera - Information and Details about the Nikon D3100 Camera, features, specs, pictures, and the accessories and other items and care.."
    Nikon D3100 Camera
    Nikon D3100 Specs

    ReplyDelete