Welcome to Scream ParanormalTM LLC. All things paranormal, horror, science fiction and more!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The truth about casting a paranormal TV show


Hello paranormal boys and girls! So, you want to be a paranormal TV star, huh? Today, we will discuss how you and your grandmother can get called for a casting call for a paranormal TV show! Exciting, huh?

No. No, it's truly not. In reality, it can be kind of disheartening. Annoying as well.

Well sure, the first time it happens seems kinda magical. Almost makes you feel special in a way. "You chose to call me?!?!?! HO BOY!!! I FEEL SO SPECIAL!!! You want me to make an audition video!??!? SURE THING!! WHEN DO YOU NEED IT BY???"

Listen. I do not want to be the one to burst your bubble, but I have seen waaaaaaaaay to many people get excited over producers calling them to audition for paranormal TV shows. What am I talking about? Well...

Just click HERE.

See what I mean? This is just one example of how many people they actually call for the auditions. They need for you to believe you are special so that they can get you on board for the project 'IF' they decided to use you. Some TV producers just want to pump you for information for their new show that was already cast about a year ago. It's called "fishing for ideas". They will take your best kept trade secrets and use them on their new show.



Over the years I have heard, "You are an amazing talent! They are so excited about you!", "The only chose YOU for the series! Aren't you excited?!?!", "They want to know if you have someone in mind to co-star!", etc.

My advice to you? Take it in stride. I have been called by over 10 different production companies in the past 2 years. Most of the time, the project withers and dies on the vine. The show they called about never even makes it to network. Not even a 'pilot' episode.

Don't get me wrong. Some of the producers out there are straight shooters. They will tell you that it's a long shot, or to not get to excited. The guys over at MY GHOST STORY treated me and everyone in my stories like gold. The pay sucked, but the reality of the situation was there 100%. (By the way, you can catch those episodes of MY GHOST STORY on December 14th and 21st on the BIO channel I believe...)

I wish everyone reading this blog post the best of luck in your auditions. Seriously. Break a leg. Just be sure to be in the paranormal for the right reasons. Learn the field, help people out, educate people with what you learn. Who knows... Maybe one day you will make it on a paranormal TV show...  just maybe...

2 comments: