Welcome to Scream ParanormalTM LLC. All things paranormal, horror, science fiction and more!

Bookmark and Share

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Fear of Death



Thanatophobia. The fear of death. It is inevitable. There is no way of avoiding it completely. Eventually, all living things die. Not so easy to accept, is it? Kind of frightening when you think about it...

"Thanks a lot Chris! I was enjoying my day till I read this post!" I'm sorry for posting about this, but I think it truly needs to be discussed. I feel this is a truth that you either accept as a part of life, or fear at times throughout your life. You make a family, friends, career, home, money... Then one day, it's all gone... and so are you. Poof!

Being a paranormal investigator is one of the things in my life that allows me to help control my own fear of death. Some use religion, I use the paranormal as my method to confront death. I owe much to the field of paranormal research. It has proven to be a great way to understanding death, and not fearing it. Logically approaching the field of the paranormal really proved to be valuable in more ways than one.

Some skeptical people will say, "Dude, the paranormal is fake! When we die, it's lights out. Nothing more." I feel bad for people that feel this way. Since they have either been watching certain paranormal TV shows that fake findings, or have never truly been out on a paranormal investigation before. Atheists have there place in the paranormal world, they just don't know it. I for one believe in God. Not because I have met him, but because of faith.

I remember hearing my first real EVP. Wow. Did my world open up... It was at that point that I became obsessed with learning as much as I could about death, spirits, and anything paranormal. I feel as though I am pretty lucky that I can actually hear disembodied voices... and I am not schizophrenic because I capture them on audio at the same time of hearing them. It maybe that I hear certain frequency ranges better than others. Who knows... I just know they are real.

One thing I dread is the day my daughter approaches me about death. I would hate for her to realize one day that daddy and mommy won't be here one day. The only proven comfort I have for her is my paranormal findings throughout the years. At this age, she is still a bit fearful of ghosts. Maybe in the future when she approached me about the idea of death, I can revisit that idea.

Another thing we fail to look at is advancement in medicine. Is it crazy to think that maybe with all the advancements in medicine that living forever could be possible? Read this article here to learn more about the concept that scientists are currently working on: http://www.livescience.com/6967-hang-25-year-wait-immortality.html 

Until next time... Live life like you are going to die.

2 comments:

  1. This is first time i am visiting on this site and seriously this site is very nice!
    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful site with us.
    Our Sizzle Reel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I applied to non scripted tv, basically to help you apply to tv shows and audition. They picked me out of 5 girls. They make you a profile page for $300. Anyone else deal with this company? I reached out to one person and they ended up on a show.Just want more info before i spend that $
    Our Sizzle Reel

    ReplyDelete