Welcome to Scream ParanormalTM LLC. All things paranormal, horror, science fiction and more!

Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 Questions with Paul Bradford of Ghost Hunters International/Creepy Hollow

Paul Bradford - Paranormal Investigator for one of TV’s hottest paranormal shows. Some of you may not know that Paul is also an entrepreneur or sorts. Paul owns a company by the name of Creepy Hollow that sells some of the best paranormal equipment money can buy. Paul designs and builds some of today's most advanced and realiable paranormal research gear to date.

(Go back in my blog posts to read a few Creepy Hollow equipment reviews as well)

I have only known Paul outside of the SyFy TV show for a few short months as of this post. However, I feel as though he is one the most down to earth guys in paranormal you will ever meet. In my opinion, a definite ‘hero’ of the paranormal world.

I asked Paul 10 questions from various sources. Have at them:


How long have you been investigating the paranormal?

Officially about 4 years, but I’ve had a keen interest in the unknown for many, many years. I’ve always been into the Sci-Fi type of thing and as such that fueled my interest in the Paranormal.

How were you approached to join the GHI(Ghost Hunters International) team?

I received a phone call one day from someone claiming to be part of a TV production company. They asked if I’d be interested in joining a show based on looking for paranormal activity. They didn’t disclose any details on the show and I assumed it was a pilot or something. After my telephone interview, I got another call saying I’d got the job and had I heard of the show Ghost hunters International….. the rest is history.

Where has been your all-time favorite location for an investigation?

I’d have to say Australia was certainly one of my favorites. We did some of the largest locations I’ve ever seen and the history from these places was horrific. Makes for a great investigation. Other than that, England was most memorable because I was able to visit my folks (I even had some laundry for my mum)

What do you feel as though is your best paranormal experience to date?

There have been a number of really weird things happen. Chasing sounds and noises to no prevail, being touched on the back of the head to capturing some of the best photographic evidence I’ve ever seen. Being able to investigate the most haunted places in the world has its advantages.

Do you ever great ‘freaked out’ during an investigation?

No, I don’t. I’ve never ran away from anything. I’ve ran towards stuff though. I’m always the first to hunt something down. If I hear something or see something, I go after it.

What is your most prized piece of investigative equipment?

I get this question a lot, and to be honest, I don’t have one single favorite piece of gear. Simply because I’m a techie, I love it all. My Camera is something I never leave behind. My Mel Meters, audio recorders, laser, e-pods, POV camera all have their place and time. I love all my tech equally.

Have you ever had an issue with trying to communicate with spirits that spoke a foreign language?

Not really. My first investigation with GHI was in a Spanish speaking country. I know maybe 3 or 4 sentences that I can use for EVP sessions (I say know, I mean more speak very badly), and many of the countries we visit either speak English or Spanish. I’ve run into occasions where a little German is probably worth trying, but other than that, depending on the country we go to , I do try to learn a couple of phrases. For example, we just investigate Norway and so I learned one or two questions that would hopefully help. Strange thing though, I’ve had times where I’ve asked a question in German and got an answer in English or I’ve ask a question in English and got a response in the native tongue.

What is the most valuable piece of information you could pass off to people looking to get into the field of investigating the paranormal?

Know how to use your equipment. I see so many people at times running round with their EMF meters, snapping photos and waving around their audio recorders and a lot of the time. They don’t really know how to use the equipment other than on, off or record. They don’t know what these readings mean and what are natural readings. Read books, do research and know what you’re talking about.

Do you have any new products coming out on the Creepy Hollow website in the next few months that people should look forward to?

I’m always adding something new to the site. I get approached by some very knowledgeable and talented inventors who don’t have an outlet for their gear. Creepy Hollow is one of those outlets that has experimental gear. I guess the best thing I can say keep an eye on the site, as there is new stuff always being added.

What can fans expect to see from you in the upcoming year?

I have Fans? Cool. Well, in all honesty, I don’t know. I’m preparing to head out again with GHI. As to where, I’m not sure yet. But you can be sure that there will be lasers, lights and full spectrum photography.


Thanks to Paul for jumping in there and presenting us with insight into his paranormal world. We will be watching SyFy channels Ghost Hunters International on Wednesday nights as well as checking the Creepy Hollow website for new investigative gear on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment