Welcome to Scream ParanormalTM LLC. All things paranormal, horror, science fiction and more!

Bookmark and Share

Monday, August 9, 2010

Seeing the Dead

I am sure most of you have seen the movie, "The Sixth Sense" with Bruce Willis, right? The little boy named Cole and his memorable quote, "I see dead people..."

My blog topic today is one of much controversy:

Can certain people with special abilities actually see spirits amongst the living?

The reason why I present this topic is because I was speaking with someone I know rather well the other day and our conversation turned to the paranormal.

This girl I know told me that a longtime friend of hers can actually see dead people. Her claim is they are here amongst the living, constantly. She said that the most unsettling part about seeing the dead, is when they notice that she can see them. If the spirits notice that she can see them, they follow her and won't leave her alone. If this should happen, she ignores them. She claims that eventually they give up and disappear.

This all started for her when she was a little girl. From what I understand, she became very ill as a child. Soon after her recovery, she started seeing spirits on a regular basis.

Sounds like that movie or TV show, eh?

Well, this person I am referring to is a real person living in Hong Kong. Not an actress on a TV show or in a movie. Is her story true? Is she a sensitive or psychic? Maybe a tinge of schizophrenia? Who knows... To me, the paranormal is a leap of faith for the most part.

Now, some of you may believe her story, some of you may not. Some of you may even be a bit upset at the fact that she dismisses her unusual gift and doesn't assist spirits in crossing over to the other side. Heck, some of you(like myself) wants to fly to Hong Kong and try to debunk her story.

All I can think of is how valuable this person would be to a paranormal team if her story were true. I know, I know... a bit selfish and unfair. It would almost be like fishing in a pond with dynamite.

2 comments:

  1. I've been told about people who have the ability to see spirits also. It was noticed mostly when the person was small, but as they grew, the individual begged to have this "gift" taken away in one case and in other cases, the "gift" simply atrophied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. See dead people all the time..? Not too convinced. I think some people have the ability to tune into spirits and communicate, but not 24-7 where they are actually chasing them around. The fact that this story is based in Hong Kong would make me wonder....Great Fantasy Tails have come from those parts

    ReplyDelete