Welcome to Scream ParanormalTM LLC. All things paranormal, horror, science fiction and more!

Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Poltergeist.. Or not to Poltergeist...

I ran across this video on YouTube the other day and found it rather interesting. The guy who post this claims he has a poltergeist living in his house. Whenever he leaves his house, he returns to find things trashed and moved around. So, being as smart as he is, he set up a static camcorder to capture the evidence on video. It is interesting that the guy got about 1 million views so far.

So, let's review the video:



First off, the video looks pretty convincing. Spoons being ripped out of the drawer, cabinets opening, stove door going crazy, interesting stuff... However, because this footage is so good, it makes me question the authenticity of it. Could this video be faked? Of course. The technology today is so advanced, that anything can be faked with the right software and know-how. It seems like alot of activity happening all at once.

Second point, if I wasn't there to debunk it, I have to doubt it. Heck, even if I was there at the time of the filming, I would still doubt it. If I was able to go through the drawers and cabinets to dismiss the use of hydraulics or wires immediately after the video was made, this would help me in believing this is real.

When I present evidence on this site, I try and document what I find to be interesting or truthful. I try and put up helpful, creditable information. I guess the point I am trying to make here is this: you believe what you want to believe. I will only lead the horse to water, I can never make him drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment